- Total Hip Replacement (Robotic Assisted and Computer Navigated)
- Revision Total Hip Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement (Robotic Assisted and Computer Navigated)
- Revision Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement (Robotic Assisted)
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Osteotomy
- Patellofemoral Reconstruction for Instability/Maltracking
- Upper & Lower Limb Fractures
- Upper & Lower Limb Dislocations
De Juan is an Australian and Internationally trained Orthopaedic Surgeon who was admitted to the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2010.
After completing his medical degree in 1999 at Monash University, De Juan undertook Basic Surgical Training in Melbourne. He subsequently completed Advanced Training in Orthopaedic Surgery (Royal Australasian College of Surgeons) training in Adelaide and Melbourne, and becoming a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in 2010.
With a keen interest in hip, knee and trauma surgery, De Juan undertook advanced International Fellowships in Toronto, Canada where he developed an expertise in Primary and Revision Hip and Knee Replacement surgery, knee ligament reconstructions and lower limb osteotomies. He has worked with world-renowned Orthopaedic Surgeons including Dr Jeffrey Gollish, Dr John Cameron, Dr John Murnaghan, Dr Hugh Cameron and Dr Allan Gross. He also spent time on visitations with Dr Freddie Fu in Pittsburgh, USA and Dr David Dejour in Lyon, France.
De Juan holds patient care in utmost importance. He strives for the best management and outcome for all of his patients achieving this through evidence-based medicine and keeping abreast of new developments in Orthopaedics.
He is a keen teacher, involved in the Orthopaedic Outreach program teaching Orthopaedic Surgeons in Vietnam. He also teaches Orthopaedic Registrars and has taught undergraduate anatomy and case-based learning at Monash University. He is a member of Monash University’s Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences interview panel.
- Johanna Elliott, De Juan Ng, Stephen Tham. Chondrocyte Apoptosis in Response to Dislocation of the Hip in the Rat Model Published in ANZ Journal of Surgery, 2006; 76(5): 398-402.
- Soft Tissue Reconstruction Combined with Medialization of Acetabular Component for Repair of Abductor Avulsion after Failed Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty – Surgical Technique and Follow Up
M. Drexler, T. Dwyer, M. Marmor, D.J. Ng, F.G. Attar, J.C. Cameron.
Poster presented at EFORT (European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology) meeting, 5-8 June 2013, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Simultaneous distal peri-articular femoral osteotomy with Total Knee Arthroplasty for Treatment of osteoarthritis associated with a severe valgus deformity of > 45 degrees
F. G. Attar, M. Drexler, N. Reischl, D. J. Ng, T. Dwyer, J. Cameron.
Poster presented at SICOT (International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology) meeting, November 2012, Dubai, UAE.
- Reliability of Cast Index Calculation for Distal Radial Fractures
Ananth Sundaralingam, Robert Meek, Peter Fritz, De Juan Ng, Bobby Sundaralingam.
Poster presented at Monash Medical Centre, April 2009.
- Arterial Complications in Total Knee Replacement
Presented at Australian Orthopaedic Registrar Association meeting 2008.
- The Relative Motion Between the Scaphoid and the Lunate
De Juan Ng, Stephen Tham, Peter Wells
Mayo Clinic, Duke University and Mt Sinai Hospital by Stephen Tham (Australian Hand Surgery Society Travelling Fellowship), Sept 2008;
AOA Victorian Regional Branch Meeting, 18 March 2005;
Hand Society Meeting 26 November 2005;
Peninsula Health Registrar Research Presentations November 2005;
AOA South Australian Branch Meeting 11 August 2006.
- 2010 - Present:
Clinical Supervisor for Training Orthopaedic Surgeons
- 2000 - Present:
Interviewer for Undergraduate Entry into Monash University Medical Course
Honorary Assistant Lecturer: Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Monash University
- January 2002 – December 2002:
Assistant Lecturer: Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Monash University
Medical Tutor: Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Monash University
Disclaimer: This is not an emergency service. Should you require urgent medical attention, please contact the closest emergency department.
PRIVATE PRACTICE LOCATIONS
Melbourne Orthopaedic Surgeons
170 Gipps Street
East Melbourne, 3002
Mulgrave (formerly The Valley) Private Hospital
Waverley Private Hospital
343-357 Blackburn Road
Mount Waverley, 3149
ProWellness Health Centre
3/120 Bay Street
Port Melbourne, 3207